Trade Shack › Forums › Random questions › How do I find like minded? › I’m new to the xyz area and would like to start connecting with others.
February 14, 2023 at 4:30 pm #18717HomesteaderPlan A
We are trying to fix that on the https://tradeshack.au/trade-shack-communities/
Obviously, there is no guarantee you will find anybody, but we have to start somewhere.
So if you go to the Queensland section and search in the “Like-Minded” section using, for example chinchilla, you will find a Stand in the Park at 13 Canaga Street, Chinchilla, Queensland 4413, Australia
As we add more postcode communities and avenues where like-minded can meet, we encourage you to join the trade shock. It is free.
By providing your postcode, we link you to an existing postcode community or set up your website structure. From there, you can start advertising securely for others to join your postcode community.
What is the Website Structure?
- We set up a postcode-specific page (an example is https://tradeshack.au/local-communities/4521-postcode-community/).
- We set up a discussion forum only accessible to members of that same postcode community.
- We set up your postcode community telegram group.
The first member of the postcode community is temporarily nominated as admin of all the above. The postcode community can decide who will do it long-term.
So why this approach?
- It safeguards your privacy.
- It provides a secure, safe and non-social media platform to start discussions and eventually meet offline (which is the goal… offline is best).
- It connects homesteaders/growers with other individuals that cannot or have not grown before, inspiring the backyard growers network approach. (which we explain on our site).
Our ultimate goal is to
create online connections for offline communication
We believe the approach taken is a safe and secure whilst providing the tools to barter, sell, trade, connect, discuss and learn all in one place.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.